Code of Scientific Ethics
for the United States Department of Agriculture
Agricultural Research Service
- I dedicate myself to the pursuit and promotion
of beneficial scientific investigation, consistent with the mission of
the Agricultural Research Service.
- I will never hinder the beneficial research of
- I will conduct, discuss, manage, judge and report
science honestly, thoroughly, and without conflict of interest.
- I will encourage constructive critique of my personal
science and that of my colleagues, in a manner that fosters harmony and
quality amid scientific debate.
- I recognize past and present contributors to my
science and will not accept unwarranted credit for the accomplishment
- I will maintain and improve my professional skills
and be a mentor to others.
- I will ensure safety and humane treatment of human
and animal subjects and will prevent abuse of research resources entrusted